Saturday, July 19, 2014

ten weeks

Was this actually ten weeks ago?
It's so surreal. I can't believe it was ten weeks ago that dad dropped me off at the airport. We sipped our Starbucks (while dad complained about said Starbucks) and took selfies. I was pale, my hair was done, I was wearing glasses, a long sleeve shirt, and my nails were painted. All things that have changed in a mere ten weeks. I have gotten a tan (a rather good one I think, without looking like leather). I rarely do anything more than braid my unruly locks. Wearing contacts has become a daily routine so I can pop my sunglasses on without being blind. The only time I wore something long sleeve was in the office with the AC blasting, only to be stripped off as soon as I stepped outside. My nails have been colourless for the past 8 weeks or so, a true feat for those who know of my polish obsession (strangely, I haven't missed it and my nails are healthier, hooray!)

Tonight while I thought about everything that has changed while I've been here I decided to go back and read all my blog posts. There aren't many so it didn't take that long. Going back to those first posts when I was getting ready to leave and arriving in Barbados, it all seems so long ago but at the same time it feels like yesterday. I know that makes no sense. Anyways, it was nice to look back at everything I managed to accomplish while I was here. And I've been really happy to have a place to document my journey and share my photos.

But lately, I've been thinking about how many photos I've taken. I have a pretty large file on my external hard-drive. I got sad thinking about that file and its likely destiny of staying on my hard-drive for years to come, forgotten in all its beauty. The woes of the digital era. So I started looking into some book printing sites and I'm so excited to start the process of sorting through my favourites and laying out a book. But for now I'm just enjoying my lazy Saturday after a morning of surfing and an afternoon of aching (no one tells you how much you hurt after surfing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment